Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 8 - Packs 1 - 6 (So Many New Inserts! Yahoo!)

Happy August everyone!  It's actually July 23 when I am writing this post (I'm writing each post in "real time" as I open up the packs - it keeps it much more interesting for me).  However, in an effort not to inundate everyone with too much Ginter in a single post, I've been spreading out the love over the past few days.  So, "today" it is time to dive into box #8!  Let's see what goodies it holds for us - perhaps a rip card?

Box 8:
Box topper:

Another cabinet card - this time it is Giancarlo Stanton (aka Mike back in the day).  The serious face seems to work for Stanton, he looks like he means business (and judging by how hard he smashes a baseball, he does mean business)!

Packs 1 - 6:

The first batch of packs was quite good to me - two new minis and two new full-sized inserts!  Let's start with the full-sized cards.

Both new cards are from the What Once Would Be set.  One of the ideas sounds good to me today while the other seems like a foolish idea even back then!  The foolish one (in my mind) is the Mail via Parachute card.

I don't see how that's a good idea, ever.  Lost mail, wind, rain, snow, etc...  My mail delivery person has enough trouble getting my mail in the mail box and they drive a truck right by my house.  I can't imagine the horrors of parachute delivery.

On the other hand, Vacuum Tube Trains sound kind of cool.

Perhaps in a world where investing in science was promoted (and terrorism nonexistent), it might be worth it try and install such a thing across the country.  As it is, we'll just keep going 65 mph* on our highways and take forever to cross this nation.

*give or take

As for the minis, I landed a new Mythological Menaces card which is good since they have been in short supply lately.

Loki is a prankster from Norse mythology - I had no idea about that!  The story "Death of Baldur" has Loki captured and tortured with snake venom which is said to have created earthquakes.  Once again, the mythology sure does have some sick and twisted ideas in it!

Last but certainly not least, the final new mini:

The Black Vulture is another new Birds of Prey card for me - and a great way to end the first portion of Box #8!


Comments