Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 8 - Packs 19 - 24 (One Last Hurrah for the Box - another hit!)

We've reached the end of box #8 - and what a box it has been!  The red auto is really cool, but so are all the new minis for my set!  Heck, I even like the relic that we found this time around.  What will the final six packs hold?  For starters, there should be our third hit somewhere.

Box 8:
Packs 19 - 24:

Our final three packs didn't produce any new inserts for me, but I did get a sweet black bordered card of Coco Crisp.

His gigantic hair barely fits on the itty bitty mini card!

Our framed 10th anniversary buyback is an Uninvited Guests insert from 2011.

That's another set that I've completed (luckily)!

And finally, we end with the final hit of the box.

Once again, I must show my pop culture ignorance.  Who is Jeff Mauro.  The card says he is a television host...  A quick wikipedia search says he does stuff on Food Network.  That pretty much sums up why I never heard of him - I don't think I've ever watched Food Network!

That's it for box 8.  A giant success if you ask me - possibly the best box of the case so far (either that or the box with the wood mini).  I think either box would have fared well in the Gint-a-Cuffs competition (remember I'm writing all these posts before the rules are posted - maybe the commish will make red autos worth -200 or something silly and then I'll be glad I didn't pick this box)!

Comments

  1. He's the Sandwich King!! I've watched him on FN!! (and sometimes I wish I could ban the station and the DYI station from my house!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff is from Chicago, which I hate to admit. I bought a rack pack - my only A&G so far this year, and pulled the same lame relic.

    Whomever invented the term "celebrity chef" owes me my sanity back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment