Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 8 - Packs 7 - 12 (A Red Auto #/10 plus a Second Hit!)

Welcome back to another post detailing my romp through a case of 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter.  Today's post is a biggie despite only three scans!  Let's get to it!

Box 8:
Packs 7 - 12:

First up, I landed one more card for my extended set - another First Lady mini.

That's Edith Wilson, wife of Woodrow Wilson.  Edith ended up taking over many of the functional duties of commander-in-chief when Woodrow had a stroke leaving him partially paralyzed.  See, you learn something new every day!

I pulled my favorite relic to date in this set of six packs - an Anniversary relic of Julie Foudy.

I always enjoyed playing soccer as a kid and now I'll sit down and watch the World Cup (men's and women's) with my wife.  Foudy was an excellent player in her time and this particular relic card is great looking!  It is conceivable that the material is even from her shorts in the photo - the color seems to match at least.

Normally, the Foudy relic would make the cut for "last scan" in a given post...but I pulled something even better.  A red framed autograph numbered 06/10 of Darren Rovell!

That's a really nice card - and Rovell even added a hashtag to it!  The red autos are tough pulls (as usual with Ginter).  This year, they are seeded a rather stingy 1:881 packs!

Yeah, this case has been mighty good so far - and I'm still not even a full two-thirds of the way done!  What else could there be?  Only one way to find out - keep checking back in here at Nachos Grande!

Comments