Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 9 - Packs 13 - 18 (Alchemy, Millipedes, and Fingerprints!)

Box 9:
Packs 13 - 18:

Another nice set of packs here, though we didn't find hit #3.  We did, however, find a framed card - one of those 10th Anniversary mini cards.

That Lester might be of interest to someone - though I may end up throwing it on eBay with the rest of the buybacks, we shall see!  The Lester is actually an A&G back mini from 2010.  I did pull a full-sized 10th anniversary buyback as well - but it is the Parthenon so I might be keeping that one just because it's Greece!

Moving on to the inserts, I ended up with a new Great Scott! card.

I'm not sure fingerprints are the most exciting science topic but that's alright - at least it is a new card for my set!

Something a bit more exciting (though completely wrong) - Alchemy.

This is from the What Once Was Believed set - and it's a great subject for that set!  Turning ordinary metals into gold...using spells and potions to concoct an everlasting life serum.  Good stuff - too bad it's all hooey!

I also lucked out and landed two more mini inserts including the third bug card of the box!

The White-Legged Snake Millipede is pretty gross looking if you ask me.  The Millipede eats mildew and decaying vegetation though so it's often found in gardens - I guess that's not the worst thing!

Finally, how about another Pirate?

It's been awhile since I've had a new Pirate mini - this time Stede Bonnet makes an appearance.  Bonnet was a "Gentleman Pirate" according to his card.  He did, however, spend some time working together with Blackbeard so I think that "gentleman" name is more from his time as a wealthy citizen (before he took up piracy) than his actual disposition.

That's it for the third quarter of the box - it's been a great one so far...and there's still one more hit that should be lurking (I'm pretty sure silk cards count as a hit).

Comments