Featured Post

It's Finals Monday (and also TCDB time)!

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 9 - Packs 7 - 12 (More Greatness including an Autograph!)

Earlier this morning, I pulled my first silk card out of the case of 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter.  The goodies don't stop there though as this set of six packs will produce an autograph.  More on that in a moment though as there are bunch of good cards to show off this time around!

Box 9:
Packs 7 - 12:

Box 9 has been very, very good to me and it's only half over by the end of this post!  I landed three new full-sized inserts - a huge number for this late in the case break!  The first new card hails from the Ancient Armory set - the Claymore.

I'll also think of Claymores as little mines that you lay on the ground to have people run over (ala the Call of Duty video games).  However, a Claymore is actually a Scottish long, two-handed double-edged sword popular in the 15th - 17th centuries.

Next, a pair of new Menagerie of the Mind cards.

It seems like everyone and their mother loves Zombies these days with shows like The Walking Dead among others being extremely popular.  I never got on the Zombie train though so my favorite card is the Centaur.  That's probably not a surprise to anyone who knows me since I love pretty much all things Greek related (except olives - yuck)!

I also was fortunate enough to land a brand new mini - another from A World Beneath Our Feet.

That Coccinella Septempunctata (aka Seven-Spotted Ladybug) is a gardner's best friend since the ladybug eats many plant-damaging bugs.  Since I do dabble a bit in vegetable gardening, I'm a big fan of the ladybug!

Finally, we get to hit #2 out of the box - a nice blue autograph of Darren Rovell - sports business analyst from ESPN.

I love getting framed autographs out of Ginter - even if this one isn't the most exciting to me since I no longer watch ESPN much!  This is actually the second Rovell autograph out of the box - you may recall I pulled a red auto back in the last box (box #8)!

 I still have no complaints - except perhaps that I wish I had used this box for my Gint-a-Cuffs box...a silk card plus an auto - that would have been a lot of points!  Of course, that wood mini I pulled earlier might have been enough to win the competition on its own (as of the time I am writing this post, the Gint-a-Cuffs rules and points haven't been posted so this is all conjecture on my part)!

Comments