Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Awesome Friday: Super Mario Maker Release Day and a PWE Full of Baseball Cards!

Today is yet another work day - but it's also a good day.  Not just because it's Friday but also because it is the official release day for Super Mario Maker for the WiiU.  I don't have much time to play video games any more - but I can't help but be excited about a game where you get to create your own Mario levels.  My inner child is extra happy about this - I used to spend hours drawing my own Mario levels on paper...if only this game existed twenty years ago!

No matter - I'm pumped to get the game tonight!

Speaking of pumped (I'm a transitions master) - I'm also pumped to get new baseball cards for my collection - especially if they are cards on my want list!  Therefore, today is an extra good day because I get to show off the contents of a recent trade with Shane (Shoebox Legends).  Shane requested a few of my 2015 Allen & Ginter buyback cards (you can read about his end of the deal on his blog here) while I was able to land a few cards that I needed from a couple of different sets.  I'd call that a win-win!

Shane's PWE that he sent me provided me with a bunch of goodies - but I have to start with the biggest of them all (despite being the smallest card in the envelope):

That's Ramses II - a card from the 2013 Topps Allen & Ginter's baseball set.  Obviously I like to acquire new minis so you can imagine I like this card...but I like it even more because it allowed me to completely erase the Heavy Hangs the Head set from my want list.  That's right - Shane hooked me up with the last card that I needed from the insert set!

I told you I was pumped!

Other cards that pumped me up (though not quite as much as the Ginter) were from this year's Topps base set.

That's Michael Morse in the Robbed set - a set that I still haven't managed to complete (though I'm close - I only need two more cards from the set).

Sticking with 2015, Shane also sent along one of the First Ladies mini inserts.

I'm slowly plugging away at my 2015 Ginter needs.  It's hard to imagine that I bought a case of Ginter and yet I'm still so far away from completing the majority of the mini sets!  Grr!

And finally, we end with this 2011 Gypsy Queen card.

That's another set need for me - and a great way to end a PWE!

Many, many thanks for the awesome trade Shane!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

PS:  If anyone has a WiiU, let me know if you plan on getting Super Mario Maker as well!

Comments

  1. Super Mario Maker looks awesome, however I probably won't be picking it up until Black Friday at the earliest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything arrived safely. I wish I had a WiiU because I'm not a huge video game guy but I always loved Mario and creating your own levels sounds amazing and addicting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment