Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 391: 1996 Topps Finest - #2 - Sterling Subset

Barry Larkin
Year:  1996
Brand:  Topps Finest
Subset:  Sterling
Card number:  2

This is the second card from the 1996 Topps Finest set to make its way to my collection (Barry actually has three different base cards in the set however).  This one happens to be the rarest of the three cards - the only silver (or uncommon) of the bunch.  As with the other '96 Finest card, this card is also jailed by the plastic protective film...and I can't bring myself to rip it off despite the terrible looks of the film!  I will say that the overall design of this card is pretty nice - the silver motif works well here (and I like the photo and the Reds' logo on the front of the card).  The image on the back of the card appears to be squished somewhat though - probably the biggest negative of the entire card!

Comments

  1. ooooh, pretty indeed. and one that I need.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment