Featured Post

Delivery Time! Blog Reader Rob Sends Me the Key to the City!

I'm still working my way through my stack of trade envelopes that managed to accumulate on my desk over the past several weeks.  Today, we take a look at an envelope from blog reader Rob (who I don't believe has a blog, though I may be mistaken).  Rob wanted some of the Rocky base cards from this year's Ginter set...and in return he was able to knock three of the Keys to the City insert cards off of my want list!

I enjoy the Keys to the City cards a lot, so I'm happy to be three cards closer to completing the set.  In fact, I now am only missing five cards from the set (1, 3, 6, 8, and 10).  If you have any available, let me know!!

Of the three cards, I think the Las Vegas Welcome Sign is my favorite.  That's truly an iconic image (seen it pretty much every movie which has Vegas as a destination)!  The Willis Tower used to be called the Sears Tower...and I think it's funny that people still have to describe it that way (giving Sears some extra advertising for free).  Finally, the Portland Light Head is a lighthouse that sits 100 feet above water at the entrance to the Portland Harbor.  The lighthouse used to be lit with 16 whale oil lamps and happens to be the oldest lighthouse in Maine (a state with plenty of lighthouses given the rocky coast)!

In addition to the three Keys to the City, Rob also dropped a few Larkin cards in the envelope for me.  While none were new to my collection, I can't complain about getting another card showing Larkin getting Bonds out at second while turning a double play!

Thanks for the great trade Rob!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!


Comments

  1. My pleasure, and thanks for the stuff you sent my way! And you're correct, no blog at this time. I have a boxing movie review site, KOPICTURESHOW.com, but it hasn't been updated in a few years. But after discovering your card blog and others like it, I've been thinking about maybe starting one as well. I've always had a soft spot for 80's basketball cards...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment