Featured Post

Group Break: The End is Nigh! (Panini Cooperstown volume I)

At this point in the group break, I still have two more blasters to open (Panini Cooperstown and Topps Chrome), a stack of five Topps Chipz packs, and then two final boxes (Topps Tek and Topps Stadium Club - 2014 edition).  My plan is try and finish off the entire group break by the end of the week...and so here's the start of the Panini Cooperstown blaster (2012 edition).

Pack 1:

Rogers Hornsby - Cardinals
Early Wynn - Indians
Johnny Bench - Reds
Joe DiMaggio - Yankees
Ralph Kiner - Pirates

I actually like the Cooperstown set quite a bit.  If the set had logos, I'm 99% certain I would have tried to collect the full set!  As it is, the blaster does make for a fun addition to the group break.

Pack 2:

Lefty Grove - Athletics
Sparky Anderson - Tigers
Arky Vaughan - Pirates
Roberto Alomar - Blue Jays
Field Generals:  3.  Mickey Cochrane - Athletics

Hall of Fame giveaway code:  JPJCKXK9T366  (good luck since the contest expired back in January of 2013!)

I think the Field Generals insert set was a good idea on Panini's part because the catcher's gear basically covers any logos that might otherwise appear in the player's photograph.  I also like any set that celebrates catchers so it's a win-win to me!


Comments