Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 420: 1993 Duracell Power Players - #17

Barry Larkin
Year:  1993
Brand:  Duracell Power Players
Card number:  17

The 1993 Duracell Power Players set came in two series, but Barry Larkin was only included in Series 12.  Both series had 24 cards, meaning you'd need to buy a lot of batteries if you hoped to complete the entire 48 card set!

For a nonlicensed card, this one is actually pretty nice.  The action image on the front of the card works well because Larkin is naturally covering up the "Cincinnati" on his jersey.  Only the airbrushed cap detracts from the lack of logos.  The back of the card features a cap-less head shot of Larkin (which I guess is better than having him wear a hat and then removing the logo).  I like that there are some statistics included (5 years worth).  I don't plan to complete the entire Duracell set but I am happy to have this Larkin card in my collection!

Comments