Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 435: 1995 Studio - #37 - Gold Parallel

Barry Larkin
Year:  1995
Brand:  Studio
Parallel set:  Gold
Card number:  37

I'll admit that I was intrigued when I first saw these "credit card" themed baseball cards back when I was a kid.  Unfortunately, as an adult I assure you that credit cards are much, much less illustrious that maybe I was able to comprehend back in the mid-90s.  In fact, looking back on the card design now, it's actually difficult to see much value in the design at all.  Oh sure, it definitely has the "feel" of a credit card (especially on the front) but the card itself is all kinds of ugly.  And seeing as how this is a gold parallel, it's actually even uglier than the regular version (which I finally own but haven't yet written a post for - at least as of the time of this posting)!

In case you were wondering, Studio made gold parallels of the first 50 (out of the 200) cards in the set.  The gold parallels were seeded 1 per pack making them quite common.  There was also a platinum parallel for only the first 25 cards in the set (of which Larkin doesn't belong) so this is it for Larkin parallels in the set (and that's fine by me)!

Comments