Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Addiction as Therapy Helps Me Out!

Today's blog post is brought to you by Adam over at the Addiction as Therapy blog.  A few weeks ago, Adam and I completed a fairly large trade - so now it's time to show off my side of the swap!

First, a bunch of 2016 Topps Series 1 base cards.

I know that a lot of people have poo-pooed the 2016 Topps set but I have to say that I don't exactly hate it.  That said, I am in total agreement with many other people in that I'm sick of the flimsy white card stock.  If the 2016 set had all been in the form of the Vintage parallel (rather than the Vintage parallel being some crazy difficult pull), I think the enthusiasm for the set would have been much, much higher.

As it stands, I predict that future repack boxes will be chock full of 2016 Topps packs.  You've been warned!

Moving on to more pleasant items - how about some Heritage?  No, not new Heritage but rather a nice short print from 2014 Heritage.

I'm slowly (painstakingly slowly) making my way towards completing the 2014 set.  Will I ever actually finish it off?  At the rate I'm going, I won't but my grand kids might.

Moving back in time even further, Adam sent me four cards for my 2009 Topps Heritage Rookie Performers insert set.

This is another set that I've been working on for a long time - but getting four cards in a single trade package gives me hope that I might yet finish the set off eventually!

And finally, the jewel of the trade package:

That's a High Number flashback card - there's really nothing special about it EXCEPT it's the last card that I needed for that particular insert set!  That means I officially got to delete a full line from my want list...one of the best feelings in the world!

Many thanks for the great trade, Adam!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments