Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Cards on Cards Sends Me Cards (with Cards on the Cards Even)

A couple of weeks ago (by the time you read this post), I completed a trade with Kerry from the Cards on Cards blog.  Kerry is a huge Cardinals fan, but I don't hold that against him since he's always so generous about joining my group breaks!

Speaking of group breaks, Kerry was one of the participants in my 2016 Topps Series 1 break - and he ended up walking away with quite a few cards.  Flash forward a couple of weeks and he has now sent three of his cards back to me...

That's right, I willingly acquired some Cardinals' cards for my own collection.  Actually, I'm trying for the entire Perspectives set so getting these three Cardinals edges me quite a bit closer to completion!  In my opinion, all three cards are pretty neat - and while I know a lot of people don't care for this year's Topps flagship set, I will say that I greatly enjoy the Perspective cards (even with the stupid font choice).

Speaking of things that a lot of people don't care for:  Heritage short prints.

Kerry had this St. Louis coaches short print card for my 2009 Heritage set.  That's right, I'm still working on 2009 Heritage and now it's 2016!  I made a promise to myself that I won't work on ANY more Heritage sets until I start completing some of the older Heritage sets that are still eluding me.  That means I need to finish off 2007 (which should be done by the time this post goes live on my blog) plus at least one out of 2008, 2009, 2011 (only one more card missing), or 2014).

And, as if the above cards weren't enough, Kerry also found a brand new Barry Larkin "card" for my collection.

I say "card" because it's actually a Panini sticker - but I count that as a card so into the collection it will go!  I'll have a full write-up on this card as part of my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series of posts eventually!

Kerry also threw in a healthy stack of assorted Reds (most of the good players are no longer wearing the Reds' uniform but what can you do about that)?  The highlights of the stack were probably these two Heritage chrome cards - as you can tell from my want list, I am a sucker for most things Heritage!

Thanks for the great swap, Kerry!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Only a Heritage collector like us would get excited about a card with nothing but a bunch of assistant coaches on it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment