Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

I Love Winning Contests (Addiction as Therapy Edition)

Over the years, there have been a lot of contests held on various blogs - and once in a great while, I'm lucky enough to win one!  Today's post is courtesy of Adam over at Addiction as Therapy.  Adam held a very simple contest (all you had to do was comment) which, frankly, is about all I can handle by the time March rolls around...work gets crazy right about now!

Anyhow, the prize was an unopened pack of 2016 Topps Heritage - and since I had previously sworn that I wouldn't actually buy any Heritage until I finished off one of the many old Heritage sets still on my want list, this will probably be the only pack of 2016 Heritage that I'll get to open!

Let's dig right in!

338.  Jay Bruce

First card out of the pack was a Red - and even a guy who is actually still on the Reds' team!  I'd say this pack was made for me!

219.  Carson Smith
And thus begins the "who?" part of Heritage.
332.  Ben Paulsen
124.  Derek Dietrich
484.  Billy Burns

Short print?  Probably but I'd have to consult a checklist.
50.  Byron Buxton
151.  2015 World Series:  Game 1
275.  Bryan Price

Another Reds' "card" - Bryan Price hasn't really won me over as a manager but I'll happily take the card!
309.  Hurlers Beware (Franco / Howard)

Many thanks for the prize pack Adam!  It was a lot of fun...and I don't know if I ever buy a pack for myself that holds two Reds!  As for the rest of the non-Reds, they are available for trade because I don't even want to tempt myself into collecting this year's set!

As an extra bonus, Adam threw in one other card...a brand new one for my Barry Larkin Collection!

That's a Press Proof parallel - and it's new for my collection.  I'll have more on that card when I feature it in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series of posts.

Thanks again Adam!  And, as always, if anyone else would like trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

Post a Comment