Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Landing a White Whale of Sorts Thanks to Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle

Last week, I received my end of a trade with Greg (from the Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle blog).  Greg helped me out with a bunch of set needs, but I'd be remiss if I didn't start with this one:

That's right.  It's a 1985 Topps card which isn't anything special*...except this is the final card that I needed for my set which makes this card incredibly special to me!  Not only did I get to delete 1985 Topps from my want list, I got to get rid of the entire 1985 block on my want list.  Deleting stuff never felt so good!

*Junk wax era rookie cards aren't special, don't let Beckett fool you.

While the Clemens card is definitely one that I'm happy to own, it was the only prize in the package.  Greg sent me this mini kitty:

That's from the Little Lions set in 2014 Allen & Ginter - a set that I'm now only missing two cards from!  Boy, those mini sets are a tough thing to collect these days.  As for the cat, the Russian Blue has a silver-blue coat according to the card back - and supposedly the Russian Blue is known for their loyalty to owners.

(and this is the part where Nachos Grande infuriates half of his reading audience)

As a dog person, I pretty much assume every kind of cat has absolutely no loyalty to anything...

Earlier in the post, I mentioned that Greg sent me a card that allowed me to knock off an entire year from my want list.  However, it wasn't just 1985 that I got to knock off.  No, Greg also sent me the final two cards that I needed from my 2007 Heritage set!

First, a Then & Now card that has eluded me forever - Richie Ashburn & Ichiro.

The second, and final, card that I needed from 2007 Heritage is this Flashback card of Brooks Robinson!

It feels really great to have the entire 2007 Heritage set finally complete and tucked away in its binder...and I have said a number of times that I wouldn't collect another year's worth of Heritage until I finished off one of the many editions that I'm still working on.  I believe that now that I can say that 2007 is complete, I might be able to try another year's worth of Heritage down the line (not this year though, that boat has long since sailed)!

In addition the many want list needs that Greg helped me out with, he also sent a couple of vintage surprise cards my way.

From the front, both look perfectly normal.  And from the back, the Woody Woodward is normal.  But the Johnny Temple?

Someone must have originally glued poor Temple to a notebook...and now that notebook page is forever attached to the backside of the card.

And last but certainly not least, a few more Barry Larkin cards for my collection (some I had, but that's ok)!

Many thanks for the great trade Greg!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to swap - check out my want list and make an offer!



Comments

  1. Thanks again for the great pair of trades and your patience Chris, I appreciate it! Glad I could knock off a few needs for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment