Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

The Final Christmas 2015 Box of Cards (2001 Topps Stadium Club)!

This past Christmas, I received a few different boxes (which I've already enjoyed opening).  However, I have one box that I haven't yet ripped into...and now that March is here I think it's about time.

2001 Topps Stadium Club!

This is a set that I'm actively trying to collect, so you know I'll be hoping to fill a bunch of the holes in my binder pages with the contents of the box.  In addition, the packs offer a wide variety of cool inserts including signatures, relics, and some regular inserts (such as the classic "Capture the Action" set that Stadium Club was known for).

My plan is to rip this box over the span of the next few days - hopefully not too quickly in an effort to prolong the fun - and the Christmas spirit!  With that in mind, here is the first pack out of the box - and I'll make note of any new cards for my set (with the rest of the base cards most likely headed to the "for trade" box).

Pack 1:
3.  Jeff Bagwell
15.  Tony Gwynn
29.  Juan Encarnacion
33.  Aaron Boone
43.  Sean Casey
63.  Jeff Kent
64.  Jay Buhner
65.  Cliff Floyd
73.  Al Leiter - needed it!

It was beginning to look like I wasn't going to get a card that I needed from this pack!
75.  Todd Helton
81.  Jose Offerman - needed it!

Starting to feel better about the pack.
116.  Shannon Stewart
118.  Manny Ramirez - needed it!

Another card down, sweet!  I'll be happy if I get three new cards out of each pack!
123.  David Justice
125.  Ken Griffey Jr.
150.  Mike Piazza
200.  Adam Pettyjohn - needed it!

Alright, a fourth new card.  That's an awesome start to the box for my set purposes.
Capture the Action:  Sammy Sosa

I'm not sure if I'll be chasing any of the insert sets - I think I'll wait to make the call after the entire box has been busted.

That concludes pack #1 - and for my purposes I have no complaints.  Getting four new cards is a good sign of things to come (or so I hope)!  Most of the other cards are going to be available for trade should anyone be interested.  Just let me know (and check out my want list while you are at it).

Comments

  1. Where did you get this box from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure where it came from, my sister-in-law bought it for me for Christmas. She had asked me for a list of baseball card boxes that I'd like to open and picked out this one for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment