Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 443: 1997 Topps Gallery - #34

Barry Larkin
Year:  1997
Brand:  Topps Gallery
Card number:  34

Somehow, I never heard of Topps Gallery back in the late 90s.  As such, this is a card that made its way to me years and years later...and so I have the benefit of hindsight when looking at this card.  This particular design isn't my favorite Topps Gallery design but it does capture the "art museum" vibe quite well with the gaudy gold border.  I don't think I would have been interested in the set if I had seen it originally...but now that we've had year after year of mostly the same, safe designs it is the odder "out there" designs like this one that intrigue me.  I also really like that action shot of Larkin - it's perfect for a wall hanging.

Barry actually has three different cards in this set - the one you see above, a Private Parallel Edition  numbered out of 250, and a Photo Gallery insert card.  Unfortunately, the only card from the set that I currently own is the one you see here.

Comments