Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2000 Fleer Tradition Box: Packs 5 & 6 - A Boy Named Cleatus.

It's been a day or so since I visited my box of 2000 Fleer Tradition.  I'm anxious to rip the full box and see how small I can make my want list for the set.  Of course, the only way for me to know for sure will be to rip the box.  Let's keep the fun going.

Pack 5:
3.  League Leaders (Ramirez, Palmeiro, Griffey Jr.)
55.  Royals prospects (Mark Quinn and Dermal Brown)
111.  Steve Avery
156.  Twins prospects (Cleatus Davidson and Cristian Guzman)

Cleatus is a pretty good name for a ballplayer.
196.  Vinny Castilla
216.  Jason Johnson
326.  Mickey Morandini
331.  Torii Hunter

One of the things that I love about this set is that for players with a relatively small major league career, you get a cartoon to go along with a small blurb about the player.  This is something I wish happened on all baseball cards!
353.  Cal Ripken Jr.
406.  Richie Sexson

Pack 6:
78.  Rays prospects (Steve Cox and Alex Sanchez)
132.  Jose Lima
145.  Justin Thompson
158.  Todd Dunwoody
269.  Fred McGriff

Sometimes I think I don't feature enough Rays on the blog.  Then I remember that I have yet to find someone who actually purposely collects Rays cards.
324.  Tony Womack
348.  Royce Clayton
389.  Diamondbacks prospects (Rob Ryan and Nick Bierbrodt)
433.  Mariners team
442.  Postseason recap (Indians/Red Sox)

Well, those two packs were both devoid of any inserts - but that's alright since I bought the box for the base cards (how often do you hear someone say that anymore)?!  In total, I landed another six cards for my base set.  Not bad I guess.  I'll have more from this box in the upcoming days (along with some non-Fleer Tradition posts as well)!

Comments

  1. The Collective Troll was/is a Rays fan. Although he hasn't posted anything in a long long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to get rid of Rays cards, contact Tim from I Love the Smell of Cardboard in the Morning. I'm sure he'd be open to taking them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment