Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 450: 2010 Topps Update - #MCP130 - Commemorative Patches Manurelic

Barry Larkin
Year:  2010
Brand:  Topps Update
Insert set:  Commemorative Patches (manurelic)
Card number:  MCP130

Given that Barry Larkin spent the bulk of his career during the 1990s, he missed out on most of the manufactured relic craze of the 00s.  That's ok by me since I generally don't care for most manurelics.  However, I can make an exception in this case because this is a pretty nice looking card.  You get a nice (albeit small) image of Larkin plus a 1990 World Series patch - the last time the Reds were in the World Series (unfortunately for us Reds' fans).  The back of the card has the usual "this patch is real dummy" verbiage but is otherwise pretty plain.  As you can tell from the card number (MCP130), Topps made A LOT of these patch cards - and they were seeded one per blaster which means the entire set would be quite challenging (and highly pricey) to put together.  I think I'll settle for having the one card out of the set that I want and call it good!


Comments