Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 454: 1996 Upper Deck - #DD15 - Diamond Destiny Bronze Insert

Barry Larkin
Year:  1996
Brand:  Upper Deck
Insert set:  Diamond Destiny (Bronze)
Card number:  DD15

Generally speaking, I am a big fan of cards that use the clear acetate in interesting ways (think Topps Tek).  In this card, the small window holding the head shot of Barry is actually a clear plastic - and I think the overall effect works well.

For as much as I like the design of this card, one thing I don't like it is how you had to acquire such a wonderful piece of "cardboard" back in 1996.  The Diamond Destiny cards were only available in Series 2 "Hi-Tech" packs sold at Wal*Mart.  This is a 40 card set (and the Bronze versions were seeded 1 per pack).  There is also a silver version (1:35 packs) and a very rare gold version (1:143 packs).  As of the time of writing this post, I do not own either of the other two versions which is too bad because I like this card a lot!


Comments