Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Theme Week: Completed Set Week - 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter - Mythological Menaces Insert Set

For the second day in a row, we look at a completed mini insert set from 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter, this time it is the Mythological Menaces set.  And, once again, I must thank Dennis (Too Many Verlanders) for sending me the final card that I needed for my set (in this case, it was Hermes).

Alpha:
Loki gets the first spot in the set.

Omega:
The rather tricky to spell "Nanabozho" finishes off the set.

Card Design:

The card design is nice enough for the set.  I like that you get some actual information about each menace on the backside of the card.

Other:

With only ten cards in the set, it's hard to say too much about the selection of mythological menaces that Topps chose.  Taken as a whole, the set has a nice aesthetic to it when displayed in a 15-pocket mini card page.  I like how the general look of each card goes together well...they look good side-by-side as well as each standing on its own merits.

Overall:

I'm a big fan of mythology so this set was right up my alley.  Even better, there were a number of mythological menaces that I knew little to nothing about (The Monkey King, Puck, and even Nanabozho come to mind immediately).  A good looking insert set that teaches me something?  That's a pretty good combination!  Overall, I love the set and give it a 10/10.

The full set checklist contains a total of 10 mini cards.  They are as follows:
MM-1 Loki
MM-2 Pan
MM-3 The Monkey King
MM-4 Puck
MM-5 Prometheus
MM-6 Wisakedjak
MM-7 Hermes
MM-8 Eris
MM-9 Coyote
MM-10 Nanabozho

Comments