Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2000 Fleer Tradition Box: Pack 27 & 28 - Chipper Pays Dividends

Yesterday, I opened up a pair of packs from the 2000 Fleer Tradition box that yielded a grand total of zero inserts or parallels.  In many ways, that speaks more for the "tradition" of the set than the old timey card stock, comics on the back of the card, or the large set size.  I also have to say that I'm still loving this set - and that's saying something for a set that was released in the year 2000.

At this point in time, I'm nearing the end of the box - in fact, by the time you read this post I should (hopefully) have my want list fully updated with what cards (if any) that I still need from the set.

Pack 27:
10.  NL ERA Leaders (Randy Johnson, Kevin Millwood, Mike Hampton)
21.  Steve Woodard
41.  Yankees prospects (Alfonso Soriano and D'Angelo Jimenez)

Easily one of the better prospect cards in the set.
45.  Jeff Bagwell
91.  Mariners prospects (Denny Stark and Gil Meche)
108.  Ellis Burks
134.  Scott Karl
193.  Butch Huskey
263.  Gregg Jefferies
330.  Darren Dreifort

Another insert-less pack!  I guess that's no longer news for the box - we seemed to hit most of the inserts in the first half of the box rip.

Pack 28:
12.  John Rocker
104.  Rays team
194.  Ray Durham
203.  Andres Galarraga
208.  Craig Biggio
225.  Wilson Alvarez
238.  Giomar Guevara
348.  Royce Clayton
383.  Scott Sauerbeck
Dividends:  4.  Chipper Jones

There, an insert shows up!  I can't say that's an overly flattering shot of Chipper - oof!

Comments