Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Group Break: 2016 Panini Donruss - Two More Packs for the Evening (Featuring Mike Trout)!

This is the third post showing off packs from our first group break box:  2016 Panini Donruss.  Earlier today, we already found our first hit - plus a couple of nice Dodgers' inserts (check my archives).  What else will find for the nightcap?

Pack 5:
75.  Starling Marte - Pirates
67.  Miguel Cabrera - Tigers
79.  Kevin Pillar - Blue Jays
183.  Nolan Ryan - Mets

71.  Carlos Gonzalez - Rockies
185.  Carl Yastrzemski - Red Sox
The Rookies:  10.  Luis Severino - Yankees

1982 Base:  31.  Kevin Kiermaier - Rays

That Nolan Ryan card is pretty nice, though I wouldn't have guessed it was Ryan based on the photograph alone.  I also really like the camera angle on the Kiermaier card - pretty cool stuff all around.

Pack 6:
194.  Checklist 78 - 141
Any non-team specific cards will be randomized at the end of the group break, that includes the checklist cards (which are part of the base set this year).
167.  Jorge Soler - Cubs
111.  Ryan Bruan - Brewers
117.  Shin-Soo Choo - Rangers
100.  Max Scherzer - Nationals
137.  Felix Hernandez - Mariners
Power Alley:  2.  Mike Trout - Angels

1982 Base:  20.  Dee Gordon - Marlins

That Power Alley card is a nice pull for the Angels (and by extension Play at the Plate who scooped up the Angels as one of his teams).  I don't care for the Dee Gordon card as much...with all logos removed, it sort of looks like he is playing baseball in his pajamas.

I think that's it for tonight in terms of group break packs.  I'll have more though in the upcoming days - including three more hits out of this box AND three more boxes that I have yet to open.  I also have a bunch of posts already scheduled from my 2000 Fleer Tradition box - so that's will be scattered about as well.  What can I say?  Busy times here at Nachos Grande!!

Comments