Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

The Group Break Begins in Earnest: 2016 Panini Donruss Hobby Box!

If you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen this earlier today:
That's right, the boxes of cards have arrived and it is time for me to start ripping them open!  Earlier this afternoon, I ripped the entire box of 2016 Panini Donruss.  Over the next few posts, I will type up every card - and scan some of the more notable cards for everyone to see.  I also recorded a video of me opening up the box which I'll post at the conclusion of the series of the pack posts.

The Donruss box contains 24 packs with 8 cards per pack - so I have a lot of typing to do!  Let's get right to it!

Pack 1:
80.  Andrelton Simmons - Braves
Just so you can see what a base card looks like.  Simple, but nice enough.

73.  Kevin Kiermaier - Rays
121.  Trevor Rosenthal - Cardinals
115. Brian Dozier - Twins
190.  John Smoltz - Braves
186.  Don Mattingly - Yankees
The Rookies:  12.  Hector Olivera - Braves

1982 Base:  5.  Sonny Gray - Athletics

When I did the video, I wasn't sure what the 1982 Base cards were called...turns out, that's exactly what they are called.  From what I could tell out of the packs that I ripped, some of the best (or at least most interesting) photography will be on the 1982 Base cards.

Pack 2:
66.  Nolan Arenado - Rockies
51.  Dallas Keuchel - Astros
141.  Jonathan Lucroy - Brewers
179.  Ken Griffey Jr. - Reds
175.  Bo Jackson - Royals
Rated Rookies:  32.  Corey Seager - Dodgers

Elite Series:  18.  Corey Seager - Dodgers (#587/999)

1982 Base:  Manny Machado - Orioles

Wow, that was a Seager hot pack - a pretty good deal for Dutch Card Guy who claimed the Dodgers!

------------------

All things considered, I'd say we are off to a pretty good start with the group break - two nice Corey Seager cards is a good beginning (including one numbered out of 999).  How will the rest of the box shape up?  Since I've already busted the full box, I'll tease you with a few hints:

1.  We pull 4 hits, not the promised 3.  That's always awesome for a group break.
2.  One team will walk away with two (of the four) hits out of the box.
3.  You haven't seen the last of the serial numbering.

Stay tuned for more - I'll try to start increasing the volume of posts now that the boxes are here!

Comments

  1. Keep those dodger packs coming !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling you'd be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pleased for the Lucroy base -- he's been my main collecting focus this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pleased for the Lucroy base -- he's been my main collecting focus this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment