Featured Post

Smoke 'n Heat!

Oh don't you worry, I'm still (slowly) working my way through my box of 1994 Fleer baseball cards.  I've actually found this slow ripping to be a good way to motivate myself to do other work.  You know, mow the lawn?  Open a pack.  Write a school lesson?  Open a pack.  Write up a post about a pack already ripped?  Open a new pack.  

It works for me.

Pack 14:
3.  Mike Devereaux
16.  Jim Poole
27.  Scott Cooper
38.  Paul Quantrill
55.  Chuck Finley
64.  Joe Magrane
75.  George Bell
356.  Francisco Cabrera

There aren't a lot of horizontal cards in this set (or at least I haven't found a lot so far) but this is one of my favorites so far.  
379.  Jose Bautista
481.  Darrell Whitmore
537.  Darrin Fletcher
560.  Sid Fernandez
619.  Don Slaught
657.  Doug Brocail
Smoke 'n Heat:  5.  Randy Johnson

That is the first Smoke 'n Heat insert card out of the box.  According to baseballcardpedia, the Smoke 'n Heat cards are box "hits" of sorts.  The card has a rather shiny background - something that doesn't show up at all in the scan.  In fact, this card looks way better in person as compared to the scan.

Comments