Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2016 Allen & Ginter: Box #4 - The Final Eight Packs

Welcome to August - the month where work (officially) starts back up for me.  For that reason, August 1st is always a bit of a sad day...but it's also exciting because I do genuinely love my job (I just also happen to love having summers off)!  Anyhow, you are here for baseball cards so let's get to it.  The final eight packs from box #4.

Box 4:  Packs 17 - 24:

We'll begin with another new Natural Wonders card, this time of Victoria Falls.

I think it would be awfully fun to take a set such as the Natural Wonders and plan a lot of trips in an effort to see all of the set's subjects.  Of course, I'd have to be plenty wealthy to do such a thing...and alas, I'm not wealthy.  Still, it's a fun idea.

Speaking of fun, minis!

First up, two black bordered beauties (including yet another Reds mini)!

I also found three mini inserts bringing this box's mini insert total up to six (plus the Brooklyn back mini).  That's a good way to endear oneself to me!

Last but not least, our final hit of Box #4.

I don't follow boxing so I don't know anything about Gennady Golovkin.  Even so, it's a good ending to a great box.  And that begs the question, where do I rank this box?

I think it ended up being an easy choice.  In order from best to worst (so far):
1.  Box #1
2.  Box #4
3.  Box #3
4.  Box #2

The good news is that Box #4 was closer to Box #1 in the rankings than it was to Box #3.  I'll be happy if both of the remaining boxes slot in around the same area in the rankings - just stay away from the crappy second box!!

Comments