Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 463: 1997 Upper Deck SPx - #19 - Silver Parallel

Barry Larkin
Year:  1997
Brand:  Upper Deck SPx
Parallel set:  Silver
Card number:  19

The 1997 Upper Deck SPx has a bunch of different parallels - Steel, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Grand Finale.  As of the time of this post, I own the base card, the Steel parallel, and now the silver parallel (seen above).  Of course, that means I still need to track down the Bronze and Gold parallels...plus the Grand Finale card (which supposedly had a print run of only 50).  Given that the set is almost twenty years old now, I might simply be better off being happy with having the three cards that I currently own and calling it good!

In terms of the silver parallel, it is wayyyy too similar to the steel parallel for my tastes (in fact, I find the two parallels to be difficult to tell apart at a first glance).  This is the definition of "useless" parallel if you ask me*.

*of course, I'm being a bit hypocritical since I'm a player collector who wants every single parallel of Barry Larkin that I can track down...  Call me an enabler of the parallel I guess.

Comments