Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

My First (of Many, I Hope) 2016 Ginter Trades!

On Thursday of last week, I finally managed to put aside enough time to collate all of my 2016 Allen & Ginter purchases...and then figure out what I was still missing to add to my want list.  On Friday of last week, less than 24 hours after I posted my want list, I received an envelope from Night Owl with my first two 2016 Allen & Ginter cards arriving via trade!

Now, there's no way that Night Owl read my want list and then shipped the cards off (and had them arrive less than 24 hours later) unless said owl actually flew to my mailbox and dropped the cards off himself.  No matter how it happened, I'm simply ecstatic to get a couple of cards closer to completing the various A&G sets that I'm working on this year!

Thanks to Night Owl, I'm now two cards closer to completing my full set - the first from the US Mayors mini set.

That's Rahm Emanual, mayor of Chicago, IL.  I'm not sure how I feel about the US Mayors set in terms of subject matter (though the set fills the "political set" role nicely that A&G always seems to have).

The second (and final) card from Night Owl is from an insert set that I find much more interesting...even if it is a "retail only" insert set (an idea I hate since I prefer to buy hobby boxes)....

That's the Eagle from the Mascots in the Wild insert set.  The Eagle is the mascot for the Washington Nationals - in fact, the mascot's name is apparently Screech (though the card admits that eagles actually have more of a chirping sound rather than a screeching sound).  In fact, did you know that the screech you often hear in movies and tv shows is actually from a red-tailed hawk instead of the bald eagle?

Thank you Ginter for teaching me something.

The other good news (for me) is that the Mascots in the Wild set contains a mere nine cards - and as of this moment I've managed to track down three of them.  Of course, that means I'm still missing 66% of the set (see here for what I'm missing).

As always, thanks a lot Night Owl for the trade!  And, of course, if anyone else would like trade you know the drill...check out my want list and then make an offer!

Comments

  1. I'll send an email with what I have for you in about 10 minutes. My A&G wantlist will hopefully be on my blog before the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a blaster box packed full of A&G that I can dig through on Monday to see what you need.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment