Sunday, September 04, 2016

Barry Larkin Collection 471: 1998 Donruss Elite - #23

Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Donruss Elite
Card number:  23

The 1998 Donruss Elite set has three version of each base card:  the regular base card (shown above), an Aspirations die-cut parallel (750 copies made, but not serially numbered), and a Status die-cut parallel (numbered out of 100).

Oh, and did I mention that Larkin has two different base cards in the base set?  I've already previewed the other one here.  Larkin is also featured in one insert set (Craftsman, which, of course, that too has a parallel version).

As for the card at hand, it's adequate but ultimately forgettable.  There's nothing truly unique about the card...or, should I say, there's nothing elite about the card?  Even so, I'm glad to own at least a couple of examples from the set...even if I'm several parallels and inserts shy of being able to cross this set off my want list for good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment