Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 475 - 1998 Fleer Ultra - #180

Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Fleer Ultra
Card number:  180

The 1998 Fleer Ultra design is quite nice - it's a set that I liked a lot as a kid (and I still like it now).  This particular Larkin card is also nice - and probably one of the quirkiest Larkin cards in my entire collection!  I have no idea what Barry is doing in the photograph...but he is clearly having fun doing whatever it is.

The back of the card is also nice - though the image is a much more common "swinging" picture.  I like the full statistics, but I also like the short career highlights near the top of the card.

It's safe to say that if both a budget and storage space weren't issues, I'd chase after the entire 1998 Fleer Ultra set - it is that nice!  Unfortunately, I'm still working on both 1998 Fleer Sports Illustrated and 1998 Upper Deck Retro so I don't think I'll add a third 1998 set to my want list!

Comments