Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 478: 1998 Pacific Paramount - #147

Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Pacific Paramount
Card number:  147

The 1998 Pacific Paramount set is 90% awesome, 10% hideous.  For my money, the front of the card is awesome (except for the hideous foil at the bottom) and the back of the card is also awesome except for the hideous vertical name plate (and terrible font choices).  Unfortunately, in a world with thousands of baseball card sets to choose from, only 90% awesome isn't good enough for me to collect the set.  That said, I am happy to have the Barry Larkin card of course.

The other bad news regarding this set is that there are a bunch of parallels of the base cards - and I currently own exactly zero of them.  There is a Copper (hobby only), Gold (retail only), Red (in retail packs distributed by ANCO distributing only), Platinum Blue, and Holographic Silver (numbered to 99, hobby only).

Barry also has a card in the 50 card partial parallel set called Inaugural which was distributed to people who attended the 1998 SportsFest card show in Philadelphia.  The Inaugural cards are numbered out of a mere 20 copies.  And finally, Larkin also shows up in the Team Checklist insert set (which were seeded 2:37 packs).

As you can see, I have a TON of work to do before I can knock 1998 Pacific Paramount off of my Larkin want list...so if you have any lying around, let me know!

Comments