Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 479: 1998 Topps Gallery - #45

Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Topps Gallery
Card number:  45

For whatever reason, I was never even aware of the Topps Gallery brand when I was a kid - and that's too bad because I like the set a lot.  The Gallery theme is used to good effect here - I even like the "Frame This!" tidbit on the back.  I think this is one of my favorite Larkin cards from 1998 (and it's a set that I'd love to work on completing some day).

The 1998 Topps Gallery set is fairly light on Barry Larkin cards (especially considering the year).  In fact, Larkin only has a single card in the set (shown above) along with three parallels of the card (Player's Private Issue #/250 and Gallery Proofs #/125 plus a Player's Private Issue Auction card).  There are also printing plates available (both front and back) but I don't consider those as true collectible's for my collection (though I wouldn't turn one down if I had the chance to acquire one)!


Comments