Featured Post

Check Out My Cards: Volume IV (Keys to the City)

As an avid fan of Allen & Ginter, I try to collect almost all of the various insert sets from each year's edition.  One of the biggest gripes that I have with the set is that you can't get all of the inserts from either Hobby packs or Retail packs...that is, Topps purposely makes some insert sets hobby only while others are retail only.

This is a particular problem for me because I prefer to buy hobby boxes (online) and, even if I wanted to buy retail blasters, my local Wal-Mart barely carries baseball cards anymore!  Therefore, back in 2015 when Topps' released a Keys to the City retail only insert set, I don't think I pulled a single card from the set myself.

Instead, I spent about a year trying to acquire the set via trade - and I did alright in that I netted 5 of the 10 cards via trade.  Of course, being a set collector having only five out of ten wasn't good enough and so...when I made my recent Check Out My Cards purchase, I was able to land another three cards from the set that I needed!

The good news is that I am now down to needing only two more cards (Liberty Bell and The Space Needle) before I can cross this set off my want list forever.  The other good news is that I happen to like this set a lot!  In fact, that Empire State Building card might be one of the prettiest "city scapes" cards I've seen in quite some time.  I've also had the good fortune of actually visiting the Alamo when I was in Texas about 15 years ago - very cool (though the Alamo is smack downtown rather than in a field as the above photo might suggest)!

All told, I'm happy to inch closer to set completion here!  If anyone happens to have either of the final two cards that I need from this set, I'd love to work out a trade!  I still have quite a few other 2015 Allen & Ginter cards available for trade (see my full list of trade bait).

Comments