Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

1997 Fleer Sports Illustrated: A Dog Poster in my Baseball Cards!

Today, I'm going to rip the 8th pack out of my box of 1997 Fleer Sports Illustrated.  The box has 24 total packs so this will put me at the 33% complete mark.  So far, the box has been quite successful in terms of base cards - but not at all successful in terms of inserts that I needed.  We shall see if those trends continue in the second third of the box (but only after I finish the first third today)!

Pack 8:

22.  Scott Rolen
51.  Ricardo Rincon
87.  Pedro Martinez
118.  Ken Caminiti
163.  Tim Salmon

Great Shots:  Andy Ashby

I already had this Great Shots "card" but that's ok - you can't beat getting photos of giant dogs on a baseball card.  Actually, I believe that might be Schottzie, dog of former Reds' owner Marge Schott (though I could be wrong).  As for the cards in the pack, I needed the final three base cards - so that's good news at least!

I'm going to have quite a bit of trade bait from the 1997 SI set when I'm done with this box - so if you are interested in any of the cards, let me know ASAP!


Comments