Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

1997 Fleer Sports Illustrated: Surf's Up!

If you couldn't tell from my (mostly) light posting this week, it's been another hectic week at work.  Unfortunately, I don't see things slowing down at all until mid-November...so I'm going to savor the few minutes each day that I get to rip open a pack of cards from my 1997 Fleer Sports Illustrated box.

Pack 8:

8.  Vladimir Guerrero
58.  Tony Clark
109.  Vinny Castillo

160.  Juan Gonzalez

Great Shots:  Ryan Klesko

Paper checklist

First, this was an exciting pack because I finally got a new Great Shots card - and what a shot it is.  How often do you get to see a surfboard on a baseball card?  (I can think of at least one other example from Collector's Choice, but still, it's not a common sight!)  I also needed both the Castillo and Gonzalez base cards so I'd call this pack one of the best yet out of the box.  This is a great way to start a Thursday!

Comments

  1. If you can't think of a Fleer card with a surfboard on it, then you're clearly not paying enough attention to Dime Box' Frankenset tournament. B^)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment