Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 480: 1998 Pinnacle - #9 - Away Version

Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Pinnacle
Card number:  9
Version:  Away

The 1998 Pinnacle set is weird in that each of the first 157 base cards has three versions.  There is a home version, an away version, and a full version - all of which refers to the statistics shown on the back of the card.  This particular card is the away version - you can see that only Larkin's away stats are shown on the card back.  That's a pretty weird way to print a lot of extra cards if you ask me...though I guess there is some merit to the process since I now want to track down both the home and full versions!

As for the rest of the card - it's fairly standard for the late 90s.  Words going in multiple directions - decent photographs, etc.  I like that Larkin's card gets the All Star designation , bonus points for that at least!  Writing this post also makes me wonder if I shouldn't go back through my Larkin "duplicates" just to make sure that I don't have any of the other stats versions!

*editor's note: I checked and I did not have any other versions.  The hunt continues!

Comments

  1. I know I have a Larkin from that set, not sure which version. I'm in the process of unpacking from moving, and once I locate my Reds binder, I'll check to see which one it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked and I had the away version as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking - too bad (for me) that you didn't have one of the other versions!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment