Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 482: 1998 Pinnacle Inside - #11

Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Pinnacle Inside
Card number:  11

The 1998 Pinnacle Inside set, much like it's 1997 counterpart, was released in cans rather than standard packs.  Other than that "dumb" gimmick, there isn't much to say about the set.  The front has a rather poor photo of Larkin (though it might be the only photo of him that I have where he has his hat on sideways backwards).  The back of the card isn't terrible - but as a guy who likes statistics I shudder at the wasted space for the height/weight etc.

As for the rest of the set, there are two parallels of this card - a club edition (seeded 1:7) and a Diamond edition (seeded 1:67).  As of the time of this post, I don't own either parallel.  Larkin is also part of a two-card "Stand-Up Guys" set.  You need both cards to put together a 3-D "card" featuring four players (at least that's how I understand it).  I don't have either of those cards in my collection so I can't offer any more information than that (well, I do know they were pretty common - seeded 1 per can).  Finally, there is a "unofficial" parallel of the Stand-Up Guys cards that were distributed to dealers - those are all stamped with the word "sample" on them.

Unfortunately, despite being an ugly set I still have a lot of collecting work to do if I am ever to acquire all the Larkins from this set!

Comments