Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 486: 1998 Leaf - #10 - Heading to the Hall (#0067/3500)

Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Leaf
Insert set:  Heading to the Hall
Card number:  10  (#0067/3500)

The Heading for the Hall cards have two versions - the "real" version as seen here (numbered out of 3500) and a "sample" version without any serial numbering (and with the word "sample" written across the back of the card).  The sample cards were given out to dealers as a way to promote Leaf's new product.  As of the time of this post, I don't own the sample version - but I do own the awfully nice "real" version!

In general, I don't hold the Leaf brand in high regard...but I must admit that I really do like the look of this card.  The front is shiny - and simple (but it works with the Hall of Fame theme).  Plus, Larkin did eventually get in the Hall of Fame so the card is fitting in that sense as well!  The back of the card has a nice write-up, plus the large (but unobtrusive) serial numbering at the bottom of the card.

For the Heading to the Hall set, I'd say Leaf created a winning design...too bad they couldn't do that more regularly (as an example see here)!

Comments