Featured Post

I'm Back, I'm Back! (Happy Thanksgiving & Happy Birthday to Me!)

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.  I know that I had a nice day.  To be more precise, I had a nice week since I was off Wednesday through Friday.  Since I had a few days, my wife and I headed up to Vermont to have Thanksgiving with my grandmother (who is in a assisted living home) and then my wife and I continued further north to Burlington, VT - one of my favorite cities to visit.
On the way to Vermont (don't worry, I wasn't the one driving)

On our trip, I managed to get a lot of my Christmas shopping done (and I got a bit more done online this weekend including a couple of eBay purchases for my Secret Santa).

Despite all the fun (and it was a fun holiday weekend), I still had a lot of work to accomplish as well - something that I pretty much worked on all day on Sunday.  I only have two weeks remaining to teach classes this semester (plus a week of finals after that) so the super crushing work load is going to ease up soon!

Until then, my blogging will probably be sporadic at best - but since I'm here now, how about I rip another one of my 1997 Fleer Sports Illustrated packs.  It's almost impossible to believe that I've taken this long to rip a box of baseball cards...but alas, it's true!  I am down to the final three packs...here's one of them now.

Pack 22:

5.  Jason Dickson
39.  Joe Carter
110.  Dante Bichette
161.  Will Clark
Covers:  8 of 12 CC.  Brooks Robinson

Great Shots:  Derek Jeter

That's my second Covers insert card in this box (the other was the sweet Joe Morgan card I pulled a number of packs...and weeks...ago)!

According to my want list (which I need to update in terms of this set...something I plan to do when I finally rip the last two remaining packs), I needed the Great Shots mini poster of Jeter...and that's it.  I wasn't planning on collecting the entire Covers insert set (mostly because no one probably has any for trade and I don't plan on continuing to buy boxes of this product hoping for two cards from a single insert set).

I hope to be back soon with more blog content...I just celebrated my birthday about a week and half ago and I have some birthday loot to share here as well.

It'll all happen in due time.

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday, NG...and that's a great shot of Brooks Robinson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment