Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 493: 1999 Bowman - #23

Barry Larkin
Year:  1999
Brand:  Bowman
Card number:  23

I have never been a big fan of the Bowman line of cards - and this particular card is extra ugly (even by Bowman standards).  I hate the front design with the burning fury of 1000 suns...whether it is the minuscule team logo, the vertical "signature" or the gaudy top and bottom of the card, there's nothing good to be said for card front.

The back of the card isn't nearly as bad (though the Now & Then is a bit trite).  I don't mind the rest of the back...but it isn't anywhere near good enough to save the atrocity that is the card front design.  This is one of those cards where I'm happy to have the Larkin for my collection but I couldn't get rid of the rest of my 1999 Bowman quick enough!

Comments