Featured Post

1996 Upper Deck Collector's Choice: Pack #13: In Which I Find the Best Pack of the Box (so far at least)

I'm still slowly working my way through my box of 1996 Upper Deck Collector's Choice.  I hope that all of you are enjoying this retro break as much as I am!

Pack 13:
71.  Jim Edmonds
111.  Eddie Taubensee

A cool photograph if you ask me, certainly doesn't hurt any that he's a Red!
124.  Eddie Murray
305.  Glenallen Hill
313.  Mike Blowers
363.  Ken Caminiti - Checklist
Silver Signatures:
296.  Trevor Hoffman

A posed shot (obviously) but I still like it for some reason.
314.  Darren Bragg
Gold Signature:
You Make the Play:  8.  Barry Bonds (strikeout)

This is my first You Make the Play signature parallel - and it's a nice gold signature of Barry Bonds.  As for our game, it's not such good news as Bonds strikes out to make the final out of the second inning.  Heading into the third now, our score is 4-2 us.
Cal Ripken Collection:  2 of 22:  Cal Ripken, Jr.

The Cal Ripken Collection insert set is seeded 1:12 packs...and with 22 total cards in the set this is one tough cookie to complete!  I can tell you right now that I have no plans of trying for this set, though this is a pretty nice card.

That was an awesome pack - a nice Cincinnati Reds card, three parallels, and a Ripken insert.  Hard to complain.

Comments

Post a Comment