Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 495: 1999 Pacific Aurora - #45

Barry Larkin
Year:  1999
Brand:  Pacific Aurora
Card number:  45

I've mentioned many, many times on my blog that I am a huge fan of most late 90s Pacific baseball sets.  While the 1999 Pacific Aurora set isn't my all-time favorite, it's still a solid design (on both sides of the card).  On the front, I like getting the large team logo and the two photos of Larkin (along with a team-specific colored background).  As for the card reverse, I think the action shot is great (even in sepia tones).  I don't particularly care for the abbreviated statistics, but otherwise this card gets high marks from me.

I should also note that there are two parallel versions of this card.  The first is a retail only red parallel and the other is a hobby only Opening Day parallel (numbered out of only 31 copies).  As of the time of this post, I don't own either parallel.


Comments

  1. I didn't mind these. I bought a lot of Pacific Aurora and Omega at CVS because they carried it, and it wasn't particularly expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment