Featured Post

Delivery Time! I Love the Smell of Surprise Baseball Cards in the Mail

In the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, a few amazing bloggers managed to brave the long post office lines to send out some trade packages.  One of those was Tim (from I Love the Smell of Cardboard in the Morning) who sent me a surprise package full of goodies for my collection.

Tim sent me a smattering of cards that covered a few of my collecting interests, but the highlight of the package for me was a card involving the game bocce.  That's right, bocce.

That's one of the pesky "A Healthy Mind" inserts from 2015 Allen & Ginter.  The Healthy Mind cards were one or two per case which makes trying to put together the full ten-card set a tough task (to say the least).  According to the card back, the game of Bocce was first depicted in a 5200 B.C. Egyptian painting.

I have to say, getting a rare Ginter mini is enough for me to like a trade package - all of other cards that Tim sent along are extra gravy!

All of the remaining cards were Reds cards, with about half of them of the Barry Larkin variety (including a couple of new ones for my collection).

Both of those are cards from the inaugural Rockies edition of 1993 Topps.  I'll have more to say about those two cards when I write up posts for my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection!

I'll end this post with a shiny pink card of one of the few good players the Reds have for the 2017 year...Billy Hamilton.

Many thanks for the surprise cards Tim!  And, as always, should anyone else wish to trade - be sure to check out my want list and make an offer.

Comments