Featured Post

Monday, Monday, Monday (TCDB)

1996 Upper Deck Collector's Choice: Pack #23: In Which I Avoid 2017 Topps (Still)

My box of 1996 Upper Deck Collector's Choice has gotten me through a big chunk of January, and now it's helping me get through February as well.  That's a good thing since I don't currently have the time (or money) for 2017 Topps Series 1.

Pack 23:
22.  Jimmy Haynes
65.  Erik Hanson
66.  Tim Naehring
71.  Jim Edmonds  (duplicate, boo!)
78.  Jim Abbott
108.  Barry Bonds

I like these "Traditional Threads" subset cards.  Somehow, I don't think I had ever seen one of those before opening this box.
148.  Quilvio Veras
You Make the Play:  19.  Chipper Jones (Strikeout)

The very young looking Chipper Jones strikes out for the second out in the top of the 4th inning.  Our score remains 6-3 with two outs now.
Silver Signatures:
161.  Brian L. Hunter

I can't explain it, but I kind of like this card a lot.  I think all the blue really makes it work...along with the silver signature!
278.  Dante Bichette

Comments

  1. So many cards out there. I've never seen one of those Traditional Threads either. Is Barry looking at the third base coach for a sign?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment