Monday, February 06, 2017

1996 Upper Deck Collector's Choice: Pack #23: In Which I Avoid 2017 Topps (Still)

My box of 1996 Upper Deck Collector's Choice has gotten me through a big chunk of January, and now it's helping me get through February as well.  That's a good thing since I don't currently have the time (or money) for 2017 Topps Series 1.

Pack 23:
22.  Jimmy Haynes
65.  Erik Hanson
66.  Tim Naehring
71.  Jim Edmonds  (duplicate, boo!)
78.  Jim Abbott
108.  Barry Bonds

I like these "Traditional Threads" subset cards.  Somehow, I don't think I had ever seen one of those before opening this box.
148.  Quilvio Veras
You Make the Play:  19.  Chipper Jones (Strikeout)

The very young looking Chipper Jones strikes out for the second out in the top of the 4th inning.  Our score remains 6-3 with two outs now.
Silver Signatures:
161.  Brian L. Hunter

I can't explain it, but I kind of like this card a lot.  I think all the blue really makes it work...along with the silver signature!
278.  Dante Bichette

1 comments:

Hackenbush said...

So many cards out there. I've never seen one of those Traditional Threads either. Is Barry looking at the third base coach for a sign?

Post a Comment