Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 510: 1999 Topps Finest - #97

Barry Larkin
Year:  1999
Brand:  Topps Finest
Card number:  97


The 1999 Topps Finest set was one of the sets that used the protective film to keep the cards pristine.  As a collector, years later, I find the film to be annoying...and yet I can't bring myself to remove it from this card in my Larkin binder.  Sometimes I annoy myself!

Speaking of annoying, besides the base card Larkin has two parallels in this set (a refractor and a gold refractor #/100).  As of the time of this post, I don't own either of those cards.  I can only assume that the refractors also came with the protective film covering...which means it will be even more difficult to track down those cards in "pristine" condition!  Being a player collector can be tough.

Comments