Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 511: 1999 Topps Gold Label - #18 - Class 1

Barry Larkin
Year:  1999
Brand:  Topps Gold Label
Card number:  18

From the moment I saw my first Topps Gold Label card, I've loved the brand!  This particular Larkin card is one of my favorites from 1999 - and it probably has a shot of being one of my all-time favorite Larkin cards.  The only thing that is bad about Topps Gold Label (at least the 1999 edition) is that it is a very confusing set to figure out!

This particular card is the "base" version - called Class 1 in this set.  The Class 1 cards also have a red parallel version (#/100) and an unnumbered black parallel.  There is also a Class 2 version of the base card.  The Class 2 version has another two parallels to go with it (a red parallel #/50 and a black parallel #/699).  Finally, there is a Class 3 version of the base card (and it too has two parallels, a red parallel #/25 and a black parallel #/299).  If that wasn't confusing enough, there is also a One-of-One parallel for each of the three Class base cards and each of the six parallels (making a total of NINE One-of-One cards for each player in the set)!

Whew.

That's a lot of things to keep track of - and unfortunately for me, I don't own any of the other versions of this card (at least not as of the time of this posting).  Someday I do hope to track all of the (non-One-of-One) parallels...especially because I happen to like this set so much!

Comments

  1. Agree on Gold Label. That's a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment