Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Check Out My Cards: Putting a Serious Dent in Archives!

I'm back with another round from my recent Check Out My Cards purchase.  As I've mentioned previously, I made it my mission to try and pick up cards from sets that were nearly complete in my collection.

One such set was the 2013 Topps Archives set.

Prior to my purchase from COMC, I needed two base cards (both short prints).  After my purchase?

Base set complete!

That's an awesome feeling - and while I don't know why it took me so long to track down two relatively small name players, I'm still happy to have both Daulton and Sid tucked away in my binder.
Since I was checking out various cards from the 2013 Archives set, I also nabbed two of the final three All-Star insert cards that I was missing.

Now all I need is the Cal Ripken card and I'll have that set complete as well!

For what it's worth, here is what I'm still missing out of 2013 Archives, mostly Gallery of Heroes cards which no one seems to want to part with (and I don't blame you, they are gorgeous cards)!

2013 Topps Archives Wants:
Gallery of Heroes:  BR, CR, DJ, MC, MR, MT, RC, SK, TW, WM, YB
All-Star:  CR
1972 Basketball Design:  JB (Johnny Bench)

I'm still not quite done showing off my purchases - but I do think that this is it from the year 2013.

Comments

  1. Yup, it's a great feeling finishing a set, even a modern one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to add the Gallery of Heroes set to my collecting since its release. For being a modern insert set, they have held their value better than 99% of the other sets released since then.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment