Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time: Baseball Card Breakdown Finds Some Early 2000s Cards for Me!

The past school year (we just ended our Spring Break for this semester) has been one of the most trying years for me ever, from a professional standpoint.  For much of the year, I have felt like I've barely kept my head above the water...and I know because of that my blogging (and especially my trading) has taken a fairly significant hit.

Luckily, with spring break past us I can start to look forward to warmer weather (we still have quite a bit of snow on the ground so that's wishful dreaming right now).  Warmer weather will also mean no more teaching for a few months - and hopefully that will mean I get to spend more time on my hobbies, including baseball cards!

Although I know I haven't had a lot of time to trade, I did manage to carve out some time one day back in January (or maybe it was February, I don't recall) and I went through a bunch of want lists on various people's blogs.  If I had anything that person wanted, I packed it up and shipped it out, no strings attached.

Of course, (most of) the people in the baseball card community are awesome people, so I've now received a few return envelopes as a thank you of sorts - and that's a lot of fun for me since I haven't had a lot of time to trade, especially this month.

Today's envelope is courtesy of Gavin over at Baseball Card Breakdown.  I had a whole bunch of 2011 Topps sparkly parallel cards for Gavin, so I shipped them off a few months ago (you can find Gavin's take on it all here).  In return, Gavin hit my want list - specifically from a few of the "forgotten years" of modern baseball cards!

That's two cards from the 2008 Upper Deck Timelines set and a single 2008 Topps Heritage short print, all three of which I needed for my sets.  I'm (very) slowly nearing the end of both sets at this point - I'm only missing five Heritage cards and nine UD Timeline cards.  I think that's cause for celebration!

Next, one more card from forgotten years - this one being from the year 2000.

I have to admit, this card made me laugh a little when I pulled it out of the envelope because I had just ordered it on Check Out My Cards as part of a larger order that I placed this week (more on that order later in the week).  Still, I did need the card - so I'm happy to have it.  Maybe I'll be able to swap my duplicate one for one of the other five cards that I'm still missing from the Club 3000 set.

Finally, it a wonderful way to close any surprise trade package - Gavin threw in some Larkin cards for me.

Even more impressive, of the four Larkins, three were new to my collection!

Thanks a lot for the cards, Gavin!  And, as always, should anyone else want to trade - check out my want list and make an offer.

Comments

Post a Comment