Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

30DayBBCChallenge: Day 15: That time I pulled a relic of my favorite player from a pack.

Today's 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge prompt is the following:

One of your favorite cards from the 2010s

The "favorite card" prompts for the Baseball Card Challenge can be tricky - after all, there are a LOT of cards to choose from...how can one pick a favorite?  For myself, I know I struggled picking favorites for some of the decades...but not for the 2010s.

Nope, I knew instantly which card belonged here:

That's a "boring" gray bit of cloth stuck in a an Allen & Ginter frame.  However, as dull as the bit of fabric might be, this is the first Barry Larkin relic card that I ever pulled directly from a pack.  The fact that it came from Ginter, my all-time favorite set?  Even better.


Here are the rest of the prompts - it's never too late to join in the challenge!

Comments

  1. That's pretty awesome. It doesn't get better than pulling a special card of your favorite player from a pack. I'm glad I pulled a Gwynn rookie card back in the day. My dream is to one day be able to afford a box of 1980 Topps baseball and to pull a Rickey Henderson rookie card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment