Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 518: 2000 Fleer Showcase - #8

Barry Larkin
Year:  2000
Brand:  Fleer Showcase
Card number:  8

The 2000 Fleer Showcase set is a strange set for me.  I can't decide if I love it, hate it, or what exactly it is I feel about the set.  On the positive side, I love the back of the card - the head shot of Larkin, the full statistics, the team logo, and the easy-to-read card number are all great.  The front of the card is also (mostly) nice.  The action image is quality and the name plate looks suitably fancy (yet still readable).  The problem, though, is the stupid floating logo.  It distracts me so much from the beauty of the card that I think it almost manages to ruin the entire thing.

There are two other versions of this Larkin card in the set (both parallels).  The first is a Legacy Collection parallel numbered to 20 and the second is a one-of-one parallel called Masterpiece.  I don't have either of those...but it'd be interesting to know if the same stupid floating logo problem occurs on both parallels.


Comments

  1. The vack of the card is cool. The front is weird. Is it supposed to be Flair? I don't think I dislike the front though...it just seems a little confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The back of the card is definitely cool. Be sure to join my contest I am currently running. I would love to see your top 10 Larkin cards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment